VMP is seeking a Full-Time PM or a Part Time AM receptionist!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Maintain complete working knowledge and competency in the performance of all emergency procedures/codes.
- Respond to, and document all, emergency codes according to facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for primary and immediate notification of all emergency responders (Fire, Rescue, Nursing, etc.)
- Responsible for making emergency and general announcements throughout the facility via the public address system.
- Performs the functions of a central answering call center for all entities / facilities.
- Answer all incoming phone calls promptly and politely.
- Direct call to the appropriate person for response and/or take full information for messages.
- Know answering service policies and procedures.
- Respond to calls in a courteous/helpful manner within a reasonable amount of time, using greeting according to department standard.
- Maintain confidentiality with each call.
- Project a professional image at all times.
Register and direct all visitors to appropriate person or location.
- Be familiar with all areas of the complex and provide accurate directions.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, and professional relationship with others during phone or in person communications.
- Page staff, residents and others as directed, projecting a calm and professional image during announcements.
- Use discretion to keep pages and public address announcements within procedural guidelines.
- Minimize disturbances of residents as much as possible.
- Page digital and text pagers.
- Maintain department records
- Check accuracy of listings.
- Maintain organization of records.
- Perform miscellaneous typing assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a work log for all assignments for others according to department standards.
- Dress appropriately. Fleece type clothing, sweat wear, knit wears, and/or denim jeans or skirts are not acceptable.
- Attend mandatory meetings and in service programs provided by the facility.
- Actively participate in department meetings.
- Work closely with peers; convey helpful and professional image. Help peers whenever possible. Recognize and communicate needed information.
- Perform duties dependent upon specific shift worked.
- Cooperate in a helpful manner with other departments and staff.
- Recognize opportunities and willingly assist other departments, within the parameters of own job and available time.
- Document pertinent facility incidents/information for possible future reference.
- Accept and complete assignments as delegated.