Happy Easter Week!
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience with our new visitation policy. The CMS and CDC Covid-19 guidelines remain the same as the last few weeks therefore our policy remains as follows:
Outside visitors will be allowed into resident rooms or apartment and/or a designated area under the following Core Principles of Covid-19 Infection Prevention:
- Each visitor must sign into the kiosks in Maplewood or Palmer House lobby, complete and pass a health screen including temperature reading. Wesley Park residents will be asked to complete a manual health screen prior to going up to their loved one’s apartment.
- Each visitor must engage in frequent hand hygiene before, during and after visit.
- Visitors should wear a proper fitting mask at all times.
- Visitors should maintain a social distance of 6 feet or more between persons not in your household.
- Recommended visiting hours are 9:00am – 8:00pm daily including weekends.
- Recommended visits should be 30-60 minutes and include no more than 2 persons at a time
- Assistance will be available at the entrances to help visitors with this new process.
- Individuals under any quarantine (ie; 14-day admission quarantine) are not able to have in person visits and will be offered virtual visits until quarantine has been discontinued.
- In the event a resident or staff member test positive for Covid-19, visitation will be immediately suspended until tracing and additional testing can be completed.
For our Maplewood and Palmer House Residents we have established a Visit Line to better ensure your loved one is ready for your visit:
Maplewood Visit Line — 414- 607-4191
Palmer House Visit Line- 414-607-4185
Name of resident visiting
Date & time of planned visit
Contact # or email address
(We appreciate this information 24hrs prior to your visit if possible.)
We completed our monthly employee Covid-19 testing this past week. 260 staff members were tested. We did have two employees test positive. They have been quarantined and anyone who could have been exposed to them have been contacted and quarantined as well. Neither employee had direct resident contact.
Our last vaccine clinic for employees and residents is Monday, April 5th. We are continuing to encourage all of our team to receive the vaccine to reduce the spread and healthcare risks of Covid-19.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Martin, Quality & Clinical Support Nurse, at (414) 607-4135.
As a reminder, the following items are in place throughout the VMP community.
- As of March 29th, all of our dining rooms have been re-opened with modified meal schedules to ensure safety. The Bistro is open with limited hours and options.
- There are no outside groups permitted to enter the campus for the purpose of entertainment, education, taxes, church services or other events.
- The Stafford Center is closed with plans to re-open soon.
- Mail will be delivered to the communications center and delivered to rooms.
- Essential healthcare workers such as those that work for hospice, lab, x-ray, pharmacy or home health will be able to work with residents on a case by case basis and will be subjected to health screening upon entry.
- There will be no outings until further notice.
- Transportation will be available for essential medical treatments and groceries.
- Care Conferences with residents and families will be by phone until further notice.
- Wesley Park residents are asked to complete a health screening upon return from any outside appointment or outing.
- Our staff has completed the CDC Infection Control Facility Assessment to ensure we are in compliance with all aspects of infection control
- We have documented current competencies on ALL staff for hand hygiene and use of PPE, including when to use, how to apply and how to remove and dispose of properly.
- Every single person entering our building is screened- employee, vendor, surveyor, and family members.
- Additionally, we ask staff who are sick to stay at home until they are no longer contagious.
- No one may enter the campus, except through the 5 designated entrances- Maplewood Main entrance, Palmer House Main Entrance, and the 2 main entrances of WP and Hickory Park entrance. There are no exceptions for anyone.
- All staff MUST wear a face mask at all times when in the facility.
- All staff are trained on signs and symptoms of recognizing COVID and what to report.
- All staff are trained on when to place some on isolation and how to place them in isolation, how to communicate the isolation to all staff immediately.
- We focus on keeping rooms and common areas as clean and sanitized as possible to prevent the spread of germs. We have increased the frequency of the sanitization.
- Our kitchens follow NSF-approved dishwashing techniques.
- All staff members are trained in techniques to prevent the spread of germs specific to their individual roles in serving residents in our communities.
- VMP has specialized electrostatic machines, called a Novaerus, which will routinely be used to disinfect common area surfaces.
- We added more touchless hand sanitizer stations in our common areas.
If there are any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (414) 607-4100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.